Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Beginning Of A New Beginning...

As an adult educator I love this time of year. The weather is nice, although it has been a little hot and humid lately (sorry my Canadian predisposition to complain about the weather just reared its ugly head), everyone is recharged after a summer off, faculty are back on campus, and we await a whole new class of learners. It really is a great time of year, of new beginnings.

This year is really a new beginning for me. For those of you who have read my updated profile, you will know that I am now an academic chair at the NSCC, and for the first time in many years will not be in the classroom. It really is the beginning of a new beginning for me and I'm looking forward to the opportunities and challenges of the new position. I will still be contributing to the education and learning that happens at the College, just on a different stage and in different ways.

I have been asked by many people if I will miss the classroom, and to be honest, I don't think that I will - I love the classroom, but I also like the idea of being able to contribute to the College on the larger stage. I will still be interacting with learners, but in a different way and I will also be involved with faculty and staff; again in a new role.

It really is the beginning of a new beginning and I can't wait for next week and the return of learners...

No comments: