Saturday, April 21, 2007

Spring Has Sprung!

The Sun is out! The Sun is out! What a beautiful day here on the East Coast - 18 C and not a cloud in the sky. I spent a lot of time outdoors today without a jacket - sooo nice. Only problem is that now I will need to find my murse (man + purse = murse) so I can stick into it all the bits and pieces, the flotsam and jetsam of life (sunglasses, cell phone, iPod, headphones, PDA, keys...) that I've been stuffing into parka pockets the last few, long, dreary, endless months.

I also think that I have discovered a fascinating new law of nature. Here is my hypothesis - as the weather warms and the sun shines more, several interesting phenomena seem to occur with women's clothing - it becomes more form fitting, brighter in colour, hemlines rise, and necklines plunge. While I have no direct conclusive evidence yet, I believe that there is a direct correlation between these phenomena and the rise in the UV index, but I think that it's going to take several warm, sunny months of in depth research and analysis to prove.

I wonder if the NSERC has any grant money for this sort of thing - you know to cover the cost of scientific instruments and materials - sun screen, sunglasses, beer (for the analysis portion of the project), bug spray (don't get me started on the bugs), and miscellaneous expenses and tips for waitresses at sidewalk cafes across the city (my preferred research sites). Hmmm...

No comments: